In the summer of 1930, Claude Davidson and Paul Sizemore arranged for Dr. J. Frank Norris, Pastor of First Baptist Church of Fort Worth, Texas, to hold a tent revival in Denton. The meeting led to the organization of the Fundamental Baptist Tabernacle. In 1938, the name was changed to Central Baptist Church.  In 1959, the church moved from its downtown location to its current facility at 2221 North Carroll Blvd.